Sunday, December 11, 2011

Aloo Ragda Chaat

This is my all time favorite food. I can gobble this for snack or dinner as it is heavy and healthy both.

Well to be honest with you; I don't have a picture of serving dish as I had strong hankering to taste it and decided to chuck the picture. I know .. sorry :-(

Here is what we need -


Lets identify this -

I got chopped onion, tomato and cilantro

I got 2 small boiled, mashed potatoes

I have Indian store bought nylon sev

I have Indian store bought green chutney

I  got Tamarind chutney

And lastly I have my Ragda - Soak the white chana ( Not the chickpeas - It is smaller in size than chick pea & it doesn't have the head like chickpea, it is plain round ) overnight. Pressure cook it to 4 whistles as we really want it to lose it texture and if it doesn't mash it a bit. Add 1 sp garam masala powder, 1/2 sp chili powder and salt to it.

What are we waiting for - Grab a serving plate. Add potato, add ragda like 2-3 laddle full, put onion, tomato, cilantro, Add very little green chutney. Add 2-3 spoons tamarind chutney and finally top it with handful of sev. ummmmmmmmm irresistible guys .. trust me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you like this recipe?