Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bhel



This is insanely famous street food in India - Bhel. It is a mixture of all dry snacks and puffed rice with some tangy, spicy chutneys. I know the description itself is drooling. I always have tamarind chutney handy as Bhel hankering is very common in my house .. Lol

here is what we need -

  • puffed rice
  • mix snack from Indian store ( I like farsan, papdi, gathi and nylon sev)
  • Tamarind chutney
  • 1 sp red chili powder
  • 1 tbs masala peanuts ( I got this from a farmer's market )
  • salt per taste
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 tomato

Microwave puffed rice for 30 sec to a minute to get that crunch in the bhel. This is the most important step in making bhel.

Fine chop onion and tomato.

Mix everything together. You can put handful of every snack.

Add 2-3 tbs Tamarind chutney, chili powder ( you can add green chili paste too but red chili powder works for me ), Give everything a good mix. I know you gotta add some more tamarind chutney right? Me too :-) Go right ahead !!

garnish with cilantro, nylon sev and masala peanuts.. Delightful !!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you like this recipe?