Friday, September 9, 2011

Mix Veg - Southern Style

How to make Mix Veg - Southern Style

I know we all are big fan of that red looking spicy tasting oil floating curries. So I am. Whenever we go out to eat Indian cuisine my order is never that's made in white or yellow curry. This morning I was in a mood for some mild curry so against my taste buds I decided to give non red curry a chance and guys I nailed it !!!
It was so delicious that if i eat this over n over again I would be over red curry very soon. This curry is mainly eaten in the parts where coconut is staple as this has a coconut base. Mainly coastal Maharashtra and Southern part of India mainly Kerala.


Here is what we need -

  • 1 cup coconut milk (I brought this from Indian store)
  • 2 cups cauliflower florets
  • 1 small potato
  • 1 big size tomato
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • small piece of ginger
  • 2 green chilies
  • 2 spoon tomato paste
  • 1 carrot
  • salt
  • 1/2 spoon cumin powder
  • 1/2 spoon coriander powder
  • 2 tbs oil
  • 1 spoon cumin seeds

Whats Next -

In a kadai/pan take oil. Once hot add cumin seeds. Chop ginger, garlic and onion(lengthwise). Throw it in the pan. Let the onion turn translucent. Add tomato paste. Add diced tomatoes.

Peel carrot, potato. chop cauliflower to small floret sized pieces. Slide carrot, potato, cauliflower in the pan. Add cumin and coriander powder. Put salt as per taste.

You could add green pees and green bell pepper if you like. I was out of it so I didn't add any of these.

Now its time to add coconut milk to the veggies. Mix everything well. Add 1 cup water and cover the pan. After 5 minutes check on your sabji, give it a good mix and cover again for 5 to 10 minutes.

This tastes so delicious that it scores 10 on 10 .. Must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you like this recipe?