Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Scrambler's Joy - Egg Burji

How to make Scrambler's Joy - Egg Burji

This is my first Guest Recipe - shared by my dear PJ ..

It feels so nice to switch chefs' hats once a while .. whenever the menu for the dinner is Scrambled eggs or egg burji I happily become assistant chef. The job that gets assigned to me is chopping and getting pans ready!!

We both drool over it so much that it is just as good as having candle light dinner at some fancy place; trust me it has its magic..

Lets get going with the recipe. PJ's work in my words.


This recipe feeds 2 hungry souls ..

Here is what we need -

  • 4 Jumbo eggs
  • 1 big onion
  • 1/2 tomato
  • 1 green chili
  • cilantro
  • salt per taste
  • 1 spoon onion garlic chili powder (Indian store bought)
  • 3 tbs oil
  • 1/2 spoon chili powder

Whats Next -

Fine chop onion, tomato, green chili and cilantro.

In a pan heat oil, once hot add onion. This onion should be nicely done or completely become translucent. Take should take 7-8 minutes. Add tomatoes. Let it cook very well for 5 minutes. Add green chili, red chili powder and onion garlic chili powder. Let everything incorporate.

In a bowl break 4 eggs. Add in all the egg white n yolk to the pan. Keep it on high heat. Add cilantro and salt. keep stirring it till the egg gets kind of chunky but do not over do it as it dries out completely.

Enjoy it with toasted bread with a dollop of butter.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure know how to get a girl's interest, I have been peeking through your blog and its wonderful. I love this recipe so I'm trying this. I am also following you back. Take care.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

How did you like this recipe?