Sunday, November 20, 2011

Healthy Bread Roll


I used Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread to make this. The bread is so flavorful itself. I saw this on Tarla Dalal website and could not wait to try it myself.

Well this would make a perfect dinner when you are not starving or a tea time snack. Chop off the brown sides of the bread and cover it under a damp paper towel.


You can make a filling of your choice. I had a boiled potato in the refrigerator so I decided to use it. Mash the potato. In a small pan take 1 tbs Olive oil and add chopped carrot and green pees. Let it cook for 5-8 minutes.

Mix it to the mashed potatoes. Add some red chili powder, salt, 1/2 sp garam masala powder, pinch of chaat masala powder. Mix well.


Preheat the oven to 300 F. Take a bread slice and flatten it using rolling pin. fill a spoonful of filling in the middle. Apply some water on all the sides and using a little pressure seal all the sides. Make all the breads ready this way. Brush a little olive oil on both the sides of the rolls. Place it the oven for 5-6 minutes. Turn it over to the other side. This should have a brown tinge.

This could make a lovely appetizer or a snack. It made me a perfect dinner; I poured some orange juice with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you like this recipe?